|A woman brings Jesus a present
(You can read this story in Luke chapter 7 verses 36 to 39)
An important man called Simon invited Jesus to dinner. Jesus sat at the table. He was eating.
A woman heard that Jesus was there. She had done lots of bad things. But she wanted to meet Jesus. She wanted to give Jesus a present. It was a bottle of perfume.
She went up to Jesus and cried. She was very sorry for the bad things she had done. She washed Jesus' feet with her tears. She poured the perfume on them.
Simon was cross. He said to Jesus, 'This woman is very bad. You are a good man. Why do you let her touch you?'
Jesus said to Simon,' This woman knows she is bad. She is sorry. She has come to tell me. She loves me. She has been very kind to me.'
Then Jesus said to the woman, 'I forgive all the bad things you have done. You are saved because you trust me. Go home and be happy for ever.'
1. Simon thought the woman was too bad to meet Jesus.
2. But the woman was sorry for being bad.
3. She wanted to meet Jesus and give him a present to show she was sorry.
4. She loved Jesus. Jesus made her happy.
· DO YOU SHOW JESUS THAT YOU LOVE HIM?
· IT MAKES JESUS HAPPY. IT MAKES YOU HAPPY.
Click here for more stories from Jesus Meets People