The reasons for thinking that it was one psalm are:
– Psalm 10 has no words at the top about David or music. This is not usual in a psalm by David.
– Hebrew words that David did not often use are in Psalms 9 and 10.
– Psalms 9 and 10 make one acrostic.
Acrostic psalms use the Hebrew alphabet. The first bit starts with the first letter. The second bit starts with the second letter. This happens until the alphabet finishes. Look at Psalm 9 below. Then you will understand. We have used English letters. These are not the same as Hebrew ones. After a time some of the letters became lost or mixed up! Also, the Jews decided to make them into 2 psalms. Some Christians have put them back together as one psalm, for example, some Roman Catholics.
God will Always Remember you
The leader must use the music ‘Death to the son.’
This is a song that David wrote
I will tell people of all your wonderful work.
I will sing
they fell down. They died
You sat on your
People will never remember their names.
You knocked down their cities. People will just forget them.
Psalm 9: 7-10: God is always ruling the world. Sometimes it is hard to believe this, but it is true. Sometimes we must wait a long time for his righteous judgements. righteous here means this: the judgements of God are the best judgements. While we wait for his judgements, what can we do? Psalm 9:9-10 tells us! We can:
– Look for the Lord: if we do this, the Lord will find us!
– Trust in the Lord: if we do this, the Lord will give us help
– Hide in the Lord: if we do this, the Lord will make us safe
He has built his throne. On it, he will make his judgements.
His government will give
He will be a
Lord, you will never turn away from anyone that looks for you.
Tell all the nations all that he has done.
He will not forget the oppressed people that cry to him.
See how my enemies make my life very difficult.
Make me safe from the gates of death.
– Always give praises to the Lord: on our own, and in Church
– Tell people about God: our family, our friends, those we work with
Many people will not like this! As they made life difficult for David, so they will for us. So we must pray, ‘Have mercy on me, Lord.’ These are the words that some Churches still pray in Greek: KYRIE ELEISON. God's mercy is when he is loving and kind to us, and not angry.
They caught their own feet in the net that they hid.
The enemies of God will catch themselves in their own nets.
so will all the nations that forget him.
The oppressed will not have to hope for
Let the nations find justice before you.
Make the nations know that they are only human.
– God will remember the oppressed, even if they have to wait a long time
– God will teach men and women that they are only human. It is only God that is really powerful