The Life of Jesus Christ - Chapter 10 - Jesus' arrest and appearance at court - Part 12
Previous article | Life of Jesus Christ Index | *Word List | Next article
An online Bible Study course by Barrie Wetherill about the life of Jesus. This book is in EasyEnglish Level B. Use the links below for other online Bible Study books and commentaries that will help you. Or go to the Word List, which explains words with a *star.
Easy English Bible homepage | Matthew (commentary) | Mark (commentary) | Luke (commentary) | John (commentary)
Many of the things which *prophets had said now happened. *Prophets had said what would happen when Jesus rode into Jerusalem (Zechariah 9:9, 10; Psalm 118:26, 27). They said that a friend would give him to his enemies (Matthew 26:14-17, Matthew 26:24; Psalm 41:9). Other *prophets had spoken about the *crucifixion and the *resurrection. *Prophets spoke many words about Jesus life, death and *resurrection. They spoke and wrote these things hundreds of years before the events. (For more details of these, see the books by Josh McDowell.)
The Old Testament [the first part of the Bible] includes the books of several *prophets. These *prophets lived centuries before Jesus. But the *prophets described many events in the life of Jesus.
The Gospels [the Books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John] were written after Jesus' life. The Gospels describe the events that witnesses saw.
· The events of Palm Sunday [when Jesus rode into Jerusalem] Zechariah 9:9; John 12:12-15.
· A friend helps Jesus' enemies Psalm 41:9; John 18:2-3.
· For 30 pieces of silver Zechariah 11:12; Matthew 27:1-10.
· Rulers agree against Jesus Psalm 2; Matthew 27:1; John 19:16.
· The rulers would *crucify Jesus Psalm 22; Isaiah 53; Zechariah 12:10; John 19:15.
· Words on the *cross Psalm 22:1; Mark 15:34.
· The soldiers play a game to win his clothing Psalm 22:18; John 19:24.
· The soldiers do not break his bones Psalm 34:20; John 19:33-34.
· Jesus dies with wicked men Isaiah 53:9; John 19:18.
· Jesus has a grave with rich men Isaiah 53:9; John 19:38-41.
· Jesus' *Resurrection Isaiah 53:9-10; Psalm 16:10; John 20.
© 2002-2005, Wycliffe Associates (UK)