|A rich young man meets Jesus
(You can read this story in Mark chapter 10 verses 17 to 25)
One day Jesus was walking along the road. A young man ran up to him.
He stopped Jesus and said to him, 'You are a good man. You teach good things. What do I have to do to live for ever?'
Jesus answered, 'Why do you call me good? Only God is good. Do you know and obey the 10 commandments?'
The young man said, ' Yes. I obey them. I have obeyed them since I was a little boy.'
'What do I have to do to live for ever?' the young man asked.
Jesus looked at the young man. He loved him very much. Jesus said to the young man, 'There is one more thing you must do. Go and sell everything you have. Give it to poor people. Then come with me and follow me.'
The young man was very sad when Jesus asked him to do this. He was very rich. He had lots of money. He went away.
1. The young man knew Jesus was a good man and a teacher. Jesus could help him.
2. He looked for Jesus. He wanted to meet Jesus.
3. He did not obey Jesus. He did not trust Jesus.
4. He went home and was very sad.
· DO YOU KNOW JESUS IS GOOD AND CAN HELP YOU?
· IS THERE ANYTHING YOU LIKE MORE THAN JESUS?
· ONLY JESUS CAN MAKE YOU VERY HAPPY FOR EVER
Click here for more stories from Jesus Meets People